Challenge Me

Monday, November 20, 2006

#13 Tagging, folksomonies & social bookmarking in Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us is the obvious "thing" to come after Rollyo. I thought being able to design your own search engine was a pretty clever thing to be able to do, and now you can carry around your bookmarks on any PC with a Delicious account. The idea of tagging is new to me, but I'm starting to understand it a lot better now. I have recently started a gmail account and have found it very different to use from any other email. I couldn't quite understand why I couldn't create folders. Now I realise I don't need to. I found this article a great explanation on the use of tags and the power of flat hierarchy. Delicious could easily be used as a shared information tool for library staff collecting articles on a similar subject. Like a lot of the Library2.0 "things" the uses are endless.

1 Comments:

  • Jennet -

    You might want to try Searchles - www.searchles.com. The organization and search capabilities are far more advanced that del.icio.us as well as the ability to connect and collaborate with others who share your interests.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home