Challenge Me

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

#16 So what’s in a wiki?

I came across Wikipedia some years ago while doing a search for a borrower on the information desk. I remember being amazed at the entries I found, because they didn't appear to be serious. I was looking for authoritive information and wasn't really impressed with what I found and haven't really used it ever since. I never thought to look for current information like who the 12 finalists for American Idol were as suggested in The Age article on Saturday 2nd December Know-alls.
After reading more about wikis from the links on the PLMC blog I now understand more about what a Wiki is about and realise their potential for their use in libraries. I think they would work really well as suggested for communicating about a particular topic instead of sending fifty million emails backwards and forwards. I also think the wiki at Princeton Public Library is a great way for us to make a Reader's Advisory space that anyone can contribute to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home